As one of the top criminal law and DUI specialists, Michael has successfully represented professional athletes, elected officials, police officers and other public figures. His experience as a former solicitor gives him a unique insight and knowledge into the justice system.
Michael began his legal career in 1999 as an Assistant Solicitor for the City Court of Atlanta, where he prosecuted hundreds of cases, including drug offenses and DUI’s. In 2001, he left his position as a prosecutor and entered private practice, specializing in criminal defense. In 2007, Michael partnered with Manny Arora, whom he met while working together at the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office in 1998. Together they formed the law firm of Arora & LaScala, LLC, where Michael concentrates on DUI and general criminal defense.
Michael previously chaired the Criminal Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association. He is also a member of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Defense of Drinking Drivers, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He received his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Georgia in 1995, and his law degree from Loyola University, New Orleans, in 1999. He was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 1999.
- Loyola University, New Orleans, LA, Juris Doctor, 1999
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Arts, 1995
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Atlanta Bar Association, Former Chairman
- Criminal Law Section Georgia Association of Criminal
- Defense Lawyers Defense of Drinking Drivers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration DUI Detection & Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, 2004-Present
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- GeorgiaTrend’s Legal Elite, 2009-Present